Two shovel flags were planted, and 26 men (two FNGs) made their Saturday DownPAINment with a visiting Q.
- 30 x SSH
- 30 x Slow squats
- 20 x Merkins
- Four corners on the field — OYO sets of 10 x 4 at each corner. Sets of: burpees, knee-ups, and squats.
- Modified Jacob’s ladder with bear crawls up and Jack Webbs at top. To 7. #crowdpleaser
- The escalator — 10 burpees, 20 jump-ups, 30 merkins, 40 squats, 50 lunge walks, sprint around pond. Repeato x 3. #crowdpleaser
- Karaoke back to patio.
- 10 hip-slappers, 20 dips. Repeat.
- Mary: low flutter, dolly, heels to heaven, Freddy Mercury, Rosalita, LBC
- Two FNGs showed up with Murdock and got a little surprise — a different Q. Thanks to these two and all for hosting me.
- Tclaps to Baby Seal and Earp, both aged 15, who hung the entire workout. Earp even Larry Bird’ed early a few times.
- The first crowd pleaser was the four corners… guys got their heart rates up quick, especially since 1D thinks a regular burpee = a crossfit burpee. The second pleaser, aka the escalator, got guys to almost merlot. The final patio set got guys actually calling out. Excellent.
- YHC got to see first hand the “hashtag” callouts of 1 Direction… but he took the cake with his Sound of Music reference as we took the hill for 6MOM. I think he may have had one too many burpees.
- A shovel flag fell. Burpees were administered on the spot for the offender. YHC and Iceman assisted while the PAX planked.
- Coffeeteria in South Carolina is no joke. Last week, the Columbia PAX welcomed us to Lizard’s Thicket. Today, it was Greenfield’s in Greenville. Over 20 at each. Solid 2nd F.
- Definite improvement in fitness level over the last six months. Great to see guys losing the weight and gaining the 3 Fs.