- Workout Date - 05/20/2017
- Q In Charge - Floppy Disc
- The PAX - Caviar, Iceman, Vidal, Double Windsor (WD, Respect), Alpo Hugs (WB), ACA, Floppy Disc (YHC)
- AO -
YHC was contemplating options on Friday of where to #post when the word went out via Twitterverse that Gideon’s House had an opening. YHC has realized that this is an AO that YHC needs to be a part of on a regular basis. These guys need the support, and to see that there are guys outside of their program that are willing to be there for them, come along side them, and post together. If I were trying to get my life turned around, I know I could use the support. So a Q was planned, and the trip was made on a beautiful Saturday morning.
Conditions: Above 60 degrees. What else do you need to know?
- SSH x 20 IC
- BLIMPS OYO
- 5 Burpees
- 10 Lunges
- 15 IW
- 20 Merkins
- 25 Plankjacks
- 30 Squats
Now that everything is nice and loose, let’s mosey a bit
On the Run
YHC took the faithful pax down to the GHS parking lot for the #MainThang, we stopped a few times there and back for some more fun, including:
- 25 Monkey humpers IC
- 20 BBSU OYO
- 15 Freddie Mercuries IC
- 10 Gorilla humpers IC
Thang – Islands in the Stream
This is one that leaves a mark depending on your islands, distance between, and reps called. Pick 7 islands in the lot. Start at island 1, do the following, and before running to the next island, go around the island in any of the following animal fashions : bear crawl, crab walk, duck walk, dragon walk, bunny hop. Different animal at the next island.
- Island 1: 10 burpees
- Island 2: 10 burpees, 20 Merkins
- Island 3: 10, 20, 30 squats
- Island 4: 10, 20, 30, 40 LBCs
- Island 5: 30 LBCs, 20 Merkins, 10 burpees
- Island 6: 20, 10
- Island 7: 10 burpees
Back to the house, see above for some stops on the run
YHC broke out the #GauntletPlankorama: 30 seconds per of the following mixed up as you wish: regular, left arm forward, right arm forward, chillcut, left leg high, right leg high, left arm out, right arm out. Somewhere around 3 minutes, YHC had enough, and called time.
Totals for the day:
75 burpees, 120 Merkins, 120 Squats, 50 Monkey humpers, 30 Freddie Mercuries, 25 Plankjacks, 20 BBSU, 20 Gorilla humpers, 15 Imperial Walkers, 10 Lunges, 3ish minutes of plankwork, and an unspecified # of Flutters. Great work gents!
- Jackalope on 6/3. Pre-blast here
- Goruck F3 Custom Tough on 6/10
- Prayers for @Bondo and @NaeNae – need good influences in life. Reach out to these brothers if you can. We’ve all had those low moments in our life.
- Prayers for @Iceman‘s father – continued health concerns
- Prayers for YHC’s friend Beth Lagrange – cancer treatments not going well
- New brothers coming into the house, and their transformations
- Continued guidance for job direction for @ACA
It’s always a different experience out at #Gideon’sHouse. A reminder that F3 is more than just a workout. It’s an opportunity to pour into others, to lift them up, and to be reminded of our own shortfalls. If you haven’t been there to support them, get out there, give up an early Sat morning. It’s a #Gamechanger.
@Vidal showed up and showed out this AM. #SunsOutGunsOut. Pretty sure he was doing 2-3 laps of #AnimalWalk around each island, just bc he had time to spare.
@Caviar expressed displeasure that there were no pullups, so went and got some at the #BondoBars before rolling out.
All the Pax were pushing it this AM. Appreciate the effort, and thanks for letting me lead. It’s always an honor, and I wouldn’t do it on my own.