- Workout Date - 12/07/2016
- Q In Charge - BOGO
- The PAX - 12th Man, Abacus, Beanie Weenie, Clarinet, Francis, Keystone, Mr. Belding, Padre, Partner, Quaker, Taylor Swift, Tiny Dancer, Waterboy, Whittle, BOGO (YHC)
- AO -
15 PAX showed up for a Pearl Harbor Day memorial beatdown.
Seventy-five years ago to the date (12/7/1941), the United States was attacked by the Japanese, propelling us into WW2. Let’s honor those who were lost and those who acted bravely in our defense.
- Merkins – 12 IC
- Copperhead Squats – 7 IC
- Smurf Jacks – 19 IC
- Air Presses – 41
Mosey to HS parking lot for WAR!
The Thang – WAR!
Similar concept to the Deck of Death but with a twist. First, divide up the PAX into 2 teams. Next, deal the deck into two stacks of 26 cards. Both teams play their top card. Highest card wins. Everyone does the exercise on the winning card, and the losing team runs a suicide. Repeat x 25.
- Spades – Burpees
- Hearts – Hand-release Merkins
- Clubs – Bobby Hurley Tucks (Squat down to slap the ground, jump up bringing knees to chest)
- Diamonds – Jackknives
At first, there was a lot of mumble chatter about whether YHC shuffled the deck since our first 4 exercises were diamonds. I also didn’t take into consideration what would happen in the case of a tie.
We decided that spades would always trump, and in the case of a tie not involving spades, we would pick which exercise to do and both groups would run.
When all the cards had been turned, the final scores were as follows.
Team 1 – 14-11-1 for 12 suicides
Team 2 – 11-14-1 for 15 suicides
52 card pickup and mosey back to the flag.
- Dream Center 5K – 12/10 at 8am. Clarinet, Flow Rider, Al Borland, and YHC are currently signed up.
- Keystone – Noah is having a procedure Thursday AM.
- Padre – Going through adoption process of a boy and girl.
- Clarinet – Willy and his wife. Homeless couple living in Powdersville.