- Workout Date - 09/04/2015
- Q In Charge - Belk
- The PAX - Belk, FNG Mike West ("MIA")
- AO -
2 lonely souls did not assemble on the correct side of gateway park and did not complete this week’s running of the Dog Pound. Instead, we did something else. This workout was in no way affiliated with Dog Pound, and I bear no responsibility for its quality or brand consistency.
- Discuss where the workout is for 5 minutes
- Get in car and drive accross the street to TRHS, where we hope to find Dog Pound
- Fail to find Dog Pound but find a nice track to run around. (much nicer than the one at the TRHS I graduated from).
- COP: SSH, Merkins, Squats, LBCs.
- Four Corners. Around the track, stopping at each corner to complete:
- 10x burpees
- 20x merkins
- 30x squats
- 40x LBCs
- Rinse and repeat
- Partner throwdowns 30x
- 100yd lunge walks
- Mosey to opposite corner
- Mary (LBC/Dolley/Rosalita)
- 2 to 1 escalating Jack Webbs to 10
This did not go down as planned. FNG and YHC dutifully proceeded to the address shown on the F3 website, which is 115 Henderson Drive. The actual location may or may not be on the other side of the park at Sunrift, but YHC wasn’t smart enough to figure that out. So, YHC persuaded and FNG (who also arrived at above address) that maybe because it’s called Dog Pound it’s really accross the street at the school. We were wrong, but we did find a nice soft track and got to work.
FNG MIA, 27 years young did allow this old man to get him a bit winded but held his own and in about 2 weeks will probably be running circles around everyone.
Announcements: Sign up for EOThirst THIS WEEK, for the anniversary of the battle of Mogadishu. You’ll be able to hear well known speaker and veteran of that battle, Keni Thomas, share his incredible story. That’s on top of the 10k bushwhacker race and a pig pickin, and a talk on F3 from Dredd. This is the perfect day trip for Greenville families – get on it! Preblast posted here: http://f3nation.com/2015/08/27/eo-thirst-at-the-us-national-whitewater-center/