- Workout Date - 06/30/2014
- Q In Charge - Flay
- The PAX - Earthmover, Double-aught, Golden Sombrero, Snowden, 1 Direction (Mallwalker), Grim Reeper, Banjo (WD-64! HBD!), Spongebob, Grit, Shannon Faulkner, Bartman, Large Marge, Erector, Hardhat, Decko, Ahhnold, King James, Rooney
- AO -
Been a while since I’ve been back to visit my brothers on the Eastside. Based on the rumblings I constantly see on tha Twittah, the Burbs has been doing its best Main Thang impression, consistently hitting north of 25 guys with at least 3-4 FNGs every time out. Looks like we have a problematic workout on our hands, and a split is apparently in the works.
I can’t let those Burbanites have all the fun, so I decided to hop on the calendar and see what’s going on. Lo and behold, the rumors of a big renovation of Mitchell Road Church are true. Slowly, they’re stealing our AO! Golden Sombrero told me ahead of time that today would be the last day this summer that we’d have access to the soccer field. YHC has been overdosing on World Cup action, so we channeled our inner Messi and got messy on the pitch (ZING!). Diving, however, was frowned upon, although Erector did manage to do a good Arjen Robben impression, grandpa socks and all.
19 PAX showed up. No FNGS. Light numbers by Burbian standards, but still #problematic. Were y’all scared? Here’s how it went down.
Warmup (in the parking lot)
SSH x 20 IC
IW x 20 IC
Burpees x 10 OYO #Snowdenbeginstogrumble
Mosey to the soccer pitch
The Burbian Thang
Sprint the long side of the pitch and karaoke the short side. Pain stations at each corner. No stopping. Either plank or run in place until everybody is back together. Do the first exercise at corners 1 and 3. Second exercise at corners 2 and 4. Everything for time, not reps: 1 minute.
Chicken Dance/Brokeback Mountain #crowdpleaser
Wheelbarrow Derkin/Freddie Mercury
Seal Jacks/Heels to Heaven #sealjacksareevil
Jailbreak back to the flags
LBCs x 30 IC
- Hoo, boy that four corners was sneaky. Had a lot more on the Weinke, but we couldn’t get to it. Guess will save the Jump lunge/Smurf Jack, Mountain Climber/Reverse Mountain Climber, and Jack Webb/Burpees combos for the next time I come out
- Even with the reduced space due to all the construction, this continues to be a fantastic AO. There’s a reason the numbers keep swelling. #tclaps to all the Burbanites for getting the word out.
- Wednesday 3rd F Lunch. 1145. Outside Tupelo Honey. Studying James 1:19-27
- Prayers for Large Marge’s father-in-law and his wife and their family. That they may find peace and a path forward.
- Continued prayers for Erector. Surgery Wednesday.
- Praise for a successful mission for 1 Direction and Tebow. Appears that 1D had a life changing experience. Yet another example of the power of being a servant.
- Praise from Bartman for Snowden taking a free weekend and using it to help a lady out in their small group. We talk about #IAm3rd all the time, but seeing it in action brings it all home.
- SIGN UP FOR THE MUDRUN
Personal note from Flay: it’s always an honor to be out in the Gloom with the men of F3, much less to be able to lead them. I’m coming up on my one year anniversary for my first Post at the Main Thang, and, though I typically play the role of the class clown, I can truly say that this group has changed my life. I hope it has changed yours. If it hasn’t, it will. I can even give you an example from today: my path on the 3rd F has historically been wishy washy at best. Put simply, it’s an ongoing struggle for me, but, like Jules in Pulp Fiction, I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying REAL HARD to be the shepherd. I don’t typically lead the shout out in BOM, mainly because I don’t know what to say, but today, I gave it a go. Suffice it to say, something… happened. Anyway, if it looked like I stepped away a little quickly, it’s because I was overcome and needed to compose myself. I guess I can thank you guys for that, too.
My point is this: F3 constantly reminds me that I’m capable of more than I think I am, and not just physically. At it’s core, F3 is about doing the Hard Stuff, whether that be getting up at 0445 for a workout, leading a workout, making new friends (much harder than anybody thinks) exploring your faith (or lack thereof, perhaps), or whatever. If you’re not excited to be alive, get out and do some Hard Stuff. You’ll be uncomfortable at first, but you’ll grow from it.
Tour de Flay continues tomorrow at the Main Thang.
See you in the Gloom
Nice Flay. “… doing the hard stuff…”
That’s just it. Way to move into new territory. Aye.
‘preciate it, Goat.
Flay, I just met you in person on Saturday, but let me say that you made a very positive impression. In just the little bit of time we have conversed in person and via email, I can see the deep commitment you have to F3. I look forward to getting to know you better in the days and months to come. I know my commitment will grow right along with yours.
Yesterday marked my 1 month F3 anniversary, and I can already see a HUGE change in my attitude. My spiritual and physical fitness had been in the doldrums for quite awhile. I can truthfully say I am astounded by the improvement in both, in just one month.
Aye brother. The best is yet to come. I look forward to experiencing it with you and the rest of the PAX.
Aye brother… Always getting better. ALWAYS accelerating.
Great to finally meet you face to face as well, even if it did involve the Worst Dora Ever.
Aye Flay. See you manana.
Great writeup Flay. My #VQ at #TheBurbs was the first time I’ve prayed out loud in front of a “large” group. F3 has had a huge impact on me with 2nd and 3rd F (even though I usually can’t make it to Coffeteria). Sad I missed it this morning.
All you missed was a sweaty bald dude blubbering while trying to roll up his shovelflag…