- Workout Date - 09/01/2016
- Q In Charge - Floppy Disc
- The PAX - The Commodore (Respect, WD), Church Lady, Gymboree (Respect), Elmer, Sushi (Respect), Obama (WB), The Tickler, Wifi (Respect), Mary (Respect), Nippler, Floppy Disc (YHC)
- AO -
11 Pax decided today was a good day for the #DRP and posted at the speediest AO in the ’81 – #GoldenStrip. YHC had another Q lined up, but work obligations prevented it from going down, so #LeadersLead, and YHC planned a variation of some faves, and tried to get a bit of mileage in. Was almost completely thrown off my game when @ChurchLady comes rolling in, and it’s only 0526. The #PAX start to gather, and who should make a return but the legendary @Mary. #Kotters brother – it’s been a while. Now that the band’s all here, it’s time to get this party started!
- SSH x 20 IC
- MC x 16 IC
- Burpees x 9 OYO
#Mumblechatter started strong when YHC picked up the pace on the SSH. Never quite understood a slow SSH. Just seems wrong. Let’s go for a mosey, and as a special preview for the Pax, we took a left out of the parking lot, up the hill, and down the sidewalk to the other drive to go down the hill to the Bus Loop. There was mention made that perhaps we could have cut across the grass, but what fun would that have been?
Everyone pick a partner, and explanations were given. 4 rounds of exercises AMRAP, everyone does 2 laps of the same exercise. While P1 starts exercise, P2 runs up the hill to the stop sign, taps the sign, and back to the loop.
- Round 1 – Joe Webb: 1 Merkin : 4 Air Presses
- Round 2 – Lt. Dan: 1 Squat : 4 Lunges Single Count
- Round 3 – Jack The Ripper: 1 BBSU : 4 Freddy Mercury Single Count
- Round 4 – Smurpees: 1 Burpee : 4 Smurf Jacks
Finished 8 laps up and down the hill, and let’s mosey back to the flag for some:
We had 10 Pax besides YHC, and 5 minutes, so #PickYourPoison Mary, and you each get 30 seconds. We go through LBCs, BBSU, Flutters, Merkins, Planks, Oblique V Ups, and then time was done. Some #Pax don’t know what 30 seconds is.
Today was a heavy day in the COT – lots of prayers needed for the following:
- @Mary‘s dad battling pancreatic cancer
- @Commodore‘s dad going through testing before starting treatments for bladder cancer
- @ChurchLady‘s friend Jim Seward also going through pancreatic cancer
- @Cher‘s M as she goes back to MUSC in Charleston in 2 weeks for more tests to determine if there is any underlying causes to her stroke a month ago
- @Wifi‘s friend Dee Dowis was killed in a car wreck this week – prayers for his family
Reminders that life is fleeting, and that this is temporary, no matter the trial or struggle. Eternity is what we should be living for, and this is just a reminder of that truth.
Always humbled to be able to lead. Wouldn’t do this without you fine gents.