- Workout Date - 01/06/2015
- Q In Charge - Affordable Care Act
- The PAX - Bondo, Affordable Care Act, Earthmover, Double Windsor, Caliendo
- AO -
5 PAX shut the heat down in their house last night and stripped the covers from their bed to prepare for what might widely become known as the single greatest Q ever to hit Gideon’s House. Did I say greatest? I meant coldest.
No worries. I’ve got Spring Fever this morning. The greatest centerfielder I’ve ever seen in my life is being voted into the Hall of Fame today. This should be unanimous and if not, those writers need to come forth and explain themselves (and for Maddux last year). Since I was arguably (me versus anyone that saw me play) the Ken Griffey, Jr. of the Division II CVAC conference in the mid 90s, I decided to dedicate my Q to the sweetest swing the game has ever seen.
Yep, that’s the swing that kept me from being a better hitter. No one bothered to tell me I was not gifted enough nor left-handed enough to ever try to duplicate that swing, but I tried. We all tried.
Conditions – 27 degrees and dry as a bone. The tundra of Gideon’s front yard was frozen, but we put two shovel flags in that sucker to let the West Side know we meant business.
Warm Up – (Right, as if…)
- SSH X 24 (IC)
- Imperial Walkers X 24 (IC)
- Peter Parkers X 24 (IC)
***Quick Stop at YHC’s trunk for some coupons (2 small bricks).***
- Gideon’s Gas Chamber for a Lower Body Beatdown – People’s Chair x 1 minute, People’s Chair and overhead presses x 24 (IC), Lunge Walk to opposite wall, Pulse Squats x 24, Lunge Walk back to original wall. REPEATO!
- Ascending Curb (Griffey Style) for an Upper Body Beatdown – With coupons, bear crawl from one curb to the other, 3 Derkins, back to the other curb, 6 Derkins, 9, 12, 15 until we reach 24 Derkins after our eighth bear crawl. 108 Derkins!
- Pete’s Parking Lot for an Arm Beatdown – 24 front shoulder raises, 24 flies, 24 curls for the gurls, 24 tricep kickbacks. 10 Blurpees OYO. 24 front shoulder raises, 24 flies, 24 curls for the gurls, 24 tricep kickbacks.
- 24 Big Boy Situps
- 24 Mini Hair Burners (I’m going to get published in the exercise lexicon for this one!). Plank position with coupons. Push one coupon forward and bring it back, in cadence. Repeato with the other arm.
- 24 Snow Angels
- Praise for @Caliendo‘s attendance and dedication. Prayers for his doctor’s appointment and test results to give resolution.
- 2/6 Drifter
- YHC’s Adoption and next fundraiser seen on Twitter.
- Not said, but please think about purchasing a Shirt for Sherpa!
Ye Ol’ Moleskin
- The ultimate tribute to The Kid would have been breaking my wrist on a highlight derkin or spraining my knee on a routine lunge. Next time…..
- @Bondo borrowed my gloves. I warned him, but I think there was almost Merlot when they got too close to his nostrils. This explains why there was no post workout omelette.
- I think I can speak for everyone when I say the mini hair burners are the worst ab exercise I’ve experienced so far. Move over makhtars, Daddy’s got a new favorite exercise.
- @Earthmover made it known on more than one occasion that 24 in cadence is really 48. Well wait til Tori Hunter makes it to the Hall, big guy! That’s 96, my friend.
Always a pleasure. See you in the gloom.