- Workout Date - 12/31/2015
- Q In Charge - Floppy Disc
- The PAX - Sushi (WD), Obama, Murdock, Baby Seal (WB), Short Barrell, Big V, Elmer, Floppy Disc (YHC)
- AO -
Guess What? 2015 has reached an end, and someone needed to pick up the final Q of the year for #GoldenStrip. YHC had a Q that I’ve been waiting to see if could be accomplished. Since the call went out for a Q, it was time to give it a try.
It’s time for The Final Countdown
YHC planned this one to finish out some
stupid challenging goals for 2015 as part of my growth in F3:
- Finish the #F3BurpeeChallenge – 3000 burpees in 1 month. YHC planned on including 120 so that I didn’t have to do them alone. #Cobains to the Pax not participating.
- Try to complete one of the 500 routines. No one had Q’d one that I have gone to, so if that’s what I wanted…
With these thoughts in mind, it’s time to end the year right….
WU (All exercises were done as a countdown, not up)
- SSH x 20 IC
- IW x 15 IC
- Burpees x 10 (YHC gives the down, pax give the countdown)
Now that the PAX are sufficiently ready, we count off into groups of 3. Instructions are given that each pax is responsible for their own count on all reps, and should complete all reps:
Station 1 (front side of light post in parking lot)
- 50 Burpees
- 100 LBCs
- 100 Copperhead Squats
Station 2 (back side of light post in parking lot)
- 50 Burpees
- 100 BBSUs
- 100 Lunges (single count)
Group 1 started at station 1, group 2 at station 2, and group 3 ran half the front parking lot from station to station. As the running group reached the next station, they flapjacked with the group that was there. Rinse and repeat for 40 mins until all reps are completed, or time runs out, whichever comes 1st.
This sort of repetition gets old after awhile, so DJ Floppy Disc brought along a delightful playlist:
- Europe – “The Final Countdown”
- Pillar – “Fire on the Inside”
- B. Reith – “The Comeback Kid”
- OneRepublic – “Good Life”
- Taio Cruz – “Dynamite”
- Journey – “Any Way You Want It”
- Newsboys – “God’s Not Dead(Like A Lion)”
- B.o.B. – “Magic”
- Imagine Dragons – “On Top of the World”
- KJ-52 – “Speed That Light”
- LMFAO – “Party Rock Album”
With a little music playing, and a bit of 2nd F with your group, the time flies, the reps get done, and before you know it, it’s time to circle up. No time for Mary today.
Lifted up Murdock’s brother Ty – his liver is failing, and is waiting on a transplant, and was heading into the hospital later today.
It’s always a pleasure to lead these fine men at the AO where it all started for YHC. Seemed appropriate to Q the last workout of 2015 at the same place I posted 1st. F3 has been a real encouragement to YHC for the last 4 months, and 2016 holds much promise. F3_250 is waiting, as well as a few more of my #F32016 commitments. Today saw the finale of my 3K burpees, and tomorrow starts a new adventure.
I wouldn’t do this alone, so thanks for pushing me while we #PushedTheRock together today.