- Workout Date - 02/29/2016
- Q In Charge - Affordable Care Act
- The PAX - Bambi, Short Barrel, Whisper, Tedediah, Thumper, Sammy, Squid, Officer Poncharello, Affordable Care Act (YHC), Lookout Below, Third Base, Soccer Mom
- AO -
A dozen untidy PAX knew last night the month wasn’t over. They knew more work had to be done in February so they set their alarms to “Beast Mode” and dared it to wake them up. Instead, these men woke their alarms up and headed out to Tower of Terror for THE BEST FEBRUARY 29th Q Simpsonville has EVER seen. It ain’t braggin’ if it’s true.
Others who may very well claim a #smartsack (ahem) or say they didn’t know Leap Day actually existed still avoided the sack like…
I doubt Ewing recovered from this quickly….. here’s how his night went for the next three months.
Conditions: February, but it feels like March. 48 degrees and as clear as Chris Rock’s audition schedule after last night.
“First I’d like to welcome everyone to F3. I don’t see any FNGs here so with that, this is the day the Lord has made! Let us rejoice and be [WHAM!]” YHC’s shovel flag goes down in the wind.
- 20 burpees all together
- Little baby arm circles while YHC does burpees 21-35
- SSH with coupons x 25 (IC) while YHC does burpees 36-50
- Plyometric Merkins x 10 (OYO)
- NEW EXERCISE, Y’ALL! Newton’s Cradle x 15 (IC)
Ditch the small coupons and mosey over to the CMUs behind the building that belongs to that guy with the beard that we never see anymore. Mosey to the church parking lot across the street. This is where I reveal my Clint Beastwood shirt and dare the PAX to “Make My Leap Day”. As always, they did not disappoint.
- Circle up with CMUs. Laterally (and literally) jump over the block continuously for one minute.
- 10 burpees ending with a jump over the CMU. It was going to be 20, but I got Shovel Flagged.
- Plyometric Merkin / CMU Curl-Press Ladder. PAX start on one side with the CMUs, skip jump to the other side, perform 1 Plyometric Merkin, skip jump to the other side and perform 2 Curl-Presses with their CMU, until they reach 20 (okay, we audibled to 16 cause this was awful).
- Ring of Fire: Position two stations of CMU jumps (stack two CMUs for the hands and three to jump over). 2 PAX would jump 25 times and rotate while the rest of the PAX planked and did plank-like activities.
- Put CMUs back and mosey back to the flag.
- LBCs with smaller coupons x 20 (IC)
- Xs and Os with coupons x 20 (IC)
- Mini Hair-Burners x 15 each arm (IC)
- Newton’s Cradle x 15 (IC)
- March 12th Assault. 8 30 minute Qs.
- Prayers for peace with @Ponch’s M’s grandfather.
- After the mishap at the beginning of the workout, @ThirdBase decided to replant my shovel flag. It took awhile to retrieve it afterwards….. the major news outlets decided to cover it. Here it is.
- Cobains to the CMU jumpers who’s hearts were bigger than their muscles this morning. A little Neosporin and a band-aid should take care of it!
- T-claps to @SoccerMom and @ThirdBase for actually clapping during the plyometric merkins. #BeastMode
- I noticed some more forward thinkers decided to go for distance instead of height with each skip jump. Smart….
- 7 days without an F3 workout makes one weak! I can now attest to that. Thank you, brothers, for making this a part of my life. Men, we are adding energy now and time later with our loved ones through our hard work in the gloom. It’s always a pleasure.