- Workout Date - 02/17/2017
- Q In Charge - Partner (VQ)
- The PAX - 12th Man, Abacus, Beanie Weenie, Betsy D, Al Borland, Whittle, Clarinet, FDIC, Fargo, Francis, Mr. Belding, BOGO, Partner
- AO -
13 PAX showed up to the Hurricane Alley “Construction Site” on a crisp, 38-degree Friday morning. The construction work had moved all of the blocks so the day’s events had to be modified.
- Side Straddle Hop – 20 IC
- Windmill – 10 IC
- Mountain Climbers – 20 IC
- Imperial Walkers – 20 IC
- Mosey 1 lap around the track.
Before we got the Teamwork going a few Bible verses were shared dealing with helping others. The verses were as follows:
Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!
I talked for a minute about the reasons we were placed on Earth – to help, aid, and assist others. I talked about our responsibilities to lend a helping hand to those less fortunate. In this game the teamwork requires the strong and fast to help those of us that are weak and slow.
The group was divided into 4 teams. The object of the game was for the TEAM to gather at least five playing cards and make the best poker hand possible. A deck of cards was placed at either end of the track. Three cards were drawn from the first stack and exercises were completed according to the list below. The team decided if all team members would do each exercise together or if they would split them up. After all three exercises were complete, the team decided which card they would keep. The other two cards were placed under the deck. Between decks team had to run the steps on each side of the bleachers.
Card Value: (cards 2-5 removed from deck)
- 6-10 – face value
- J – 11
- Q – 12
- K – 13
- A – 14
- Joker – 15
Teams complete the following together
Lap 1 (start):
- Value on card X10 Dips
- Value on card X10 Squats
- Value on card X20 LBC
Lap 1 (1/2 way around track):
- Value on card X10 Air Press
- Value on card X10 Lunges (double count)
- Value on card X10 Heels to Heaven
Lap 2 (Start):
- Value on card X10 Smurf Jacks
- Value on card X10 Shoulder Taps (double count)
- Value on card X20 Scissor kicks (double count)
Lap 2 (1/2 way around track):
- Value on card X10 Mercans
- Value on card X10 American Hammer (double count)
- Value on card X10 V Up
Rinse and Repeat
The team of BOGO, FDIC, and Partner won the poker run with four 7’s! They won bragging rights until the next competition! The price was 300 double count Lunges!
The group was encouraged to help someone even if in a small way. The day was dubbed Pay It Forward Friday.
- All workouts are moving to 5:15am starting, 2/22.
- Since kids are out of school on Monday, 2/20, F3 encouraged to bring them out.
- Sunday night bootcamp at NewSpring Powdersville at 5pm.
- FDIC applying for part-time job. Ask for wisdom, patience, and guidance during the process.