- Workout Date - 01/31/2023
- Q In Charge - Iceman
- The PAX - Holla, Double Windsor (WD), Epee, Dollywood, Houdini, Satisfry, Domer Simpson, Weed Wacker, Stewie, Quickie, Bubba Gump, SanDiago, Handy Manny, Dunfee, Earthmover, Clip On (WB), Soup, Caviar, Spackler, Dinghy, Whoopee, Iceman
- AO -
22 men posted at #MainThang for a #beatdown and to learn about a dog, peanut butter and stitches. I know…..it was #Pitchforkweird.
Didn’t want to see @Houdini go #refusenik from the get go so I avoided SSH and went for IW’s x20. And he still had some #refusenik in him – blaming it on tightness……
Plank Medley (series of 3 plank exercises without leaving forward rest position) – the #SoCalBros (@Holla and @Sandiago) we’re trying to get me off my game by making fun of the Medley. In the end, I got the last laugh as they were pretty quiet
Mtn climbers x 15
Plank jacks x15
Plank shoulder touches x15
That was definitely a #crowdpleaser
Freddy Mercs x15
Let’s mosey down to Falls Park – all the way over to the looooong hill behind the Governors School. @Holla commented that my pace was faster than normal #BRRtraining
Groups of 5 would tackle the hill doing 10 merkins and 10 squats at every light. Pretty sure that was 70 of each. Once at the top, mosey across the bridge to the #pinkcoloredmethcrystal…..er…… I mean artwork and plank up. Once the 6 was with us we did flutters and dollys then back to the hill. Same deal – waves of 5 or 6 stop at each light – 10 merkins and 10 squats. Once at the bottom, mosey to the bridge and assume the peoples chair, as well as some dips waiting on the 6.
Take the long set of steps out of the park and head back to the PC. Once there it was time for 11’s – derkins and X&O’s. #crowdpleaser
Plank waiting on the group to finish and we had time for one last exercise. I experienced this one at #Legacy last Sat and was told that @Houdini introduced this to #MT last week. It was an instant hit – the Debbie x10.
– YHC was called on to Q at 0450 this am as @Spongebob had an incident with his dog, peanut butter and stitches. Or so I’m told #cantvouchforaccuracy
– Downtown really makes Q’ing easy. So many options. #favoriteAO
– The #Zimmerclan swept #WD and #WB
– #Debbie is an awesome exercise where you are in the forward leaning rest position and then rock back, bending your knees but not letting them touch the ground. Then move back to the FLR or plank position. @Houdini will have to tell us why it’s called #debbie……..
– I’m thinking guys misread the weather report because it was a chilly 35* but they just kept walking up during warmup. Even found @Epee once we got to the loooong hill behind the Governor’s School.
– @Houdini had 2 #canklesleeves (vs the usual 1) on so you know it was chilly
– #Kotters to @Dollywood, @BubbaGump and @Satisfry.
– Welcome to @Dinghy. He was an FNG last week at #MT. Remember, the workouts don’t get easier, you get stronger.
– Village Pillage 3/24 at OOBE. Bring new/used bike parts and support @Caviar’s awesome neighborhood ministry
– Let Me Be Brave 5k/10k – 4/2 at Conestee Park
– USMC mud run 4/30
– BRR teams are forming
– Officer Jacobs
– @Houdini’s elderly neighbor
The recent shooting of a police officer and subsequent suicide by his killer (17 yo boy) in Greenville highlights the fact that there is still plenty of work to do in our community. Nature abhors a vacuum and kids without father figures/mentors will grow up through social media and “reality” tv. The track record tells us this is a failing proposition. So get out and fulfill the F3 Mission which is “grow and serve male community leadership”. Doesn’t matter how big or small, just get out and #makeadifference.
See ya in the gloom….