- Workout Date - 01/18/2016
- Q In Charge - Keystone
- The PAX - Seal, Tea Bag, 12th Man, Slug, Carl's Jr. (respect), Stem Cell, Swift, Missing, Quaker (respect), Boomhauer, Brown Shorts, Inspector Gadget (respect), Red Wire (respect), Tiny Dancer, Clapper, Keystone
- AO -
Back in November, YHC led a workout involving different variations on Johnny Cash (ring of fire). As I wrote up the backblast, YHC noted that the humble SSH had been excluded from the workout and that would have to be atoned for one day.
Today was that day. 16 PAX gathered in the freezing gloom for they knew not what.
- SSH (single count) x1 – just a little hint of the workout
- IW x20 IC
- MC x20 IC
- Double applesauce Indian Run around the church to the bottom of the first set of steps
After some reflection, the only fitting vehicle YHC could come up with for an SSH beatdown was the Bent Ladder of Suck. Seal pioneered this last year and YHC used it for my VQ in March. Time to unleash it once again!
This ladder began with one burpee at the bottom of the steps and 10 SSH at the church portico (three flights up), then back down to the bottom. It progressed up to 10 burpees and 100 SSH, then back down to one and 10.
As always, the Bent Ladder came with tunes (all dating from 1983 or earlier for the Respect crowd). Some include a message in the title or lyrics, others were just for fun:
- Cold as Ice – Foreigner
- Separate Ways – Journey
- Born to Run – Springsteen
- I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
- Blue Moon – The Marcels
- Let’s Groove – Earth, Wind, and Fire
- Life in the Fast Lane – Eagles
- It’s Still Rock & Roll to Me – Billy Joel
- Turn to Stone – ELO
- Last Dance – Donna Summer
Total reps if you got through the pyramid was 100 Burpees and 1001 SSH (counting the one during warmup). Mileage for the whole thing is about 2 miles. The few, the proud, the Larry Birds finished it all (3-4 PAX, sorry I didn’t keep track of who you all were)! YHC had to modify by eliminating the bottom-to-top runs on the last few rungs to get the total burpee/SSH count in. Great work by all!
- Clemson AO launch – Feb 13 on Bowman Field
- Fayetteville, NC AO launch – March 12
- Seattle AO launch – Spring 2106
- Convergence at Star Command – January 23
- Family in Boomhauer’s community group needs has tense situation with adult daughter. Need her to find other accommodations ASAP. Prayers for his group and church as they intervene.
- Quickie’s son in hospital
- Swift’s friend in need of Jesus