- Workout Date - 07/04/2017
- Q In Charge - JRR Tolkien (SOB) & Nash (Metro)
- The PAX - All F3 Nation PAX and their families are welcome & encouraged to come out and support and/or register to run
- AO -
*RACING CHARIOT IS HERE! Here is updated preblast with movie trailer video for the Metro American 4miler race (click above). Please follow @F3SpeedForNeed as communications will be transitioned to that Twitter handle. YOU MUST REGISTER BY JUNE 21 TO GUARANTEE YOUR GENDER SPECIFIC SHIRT *
SPEEDFORNEED Inaugural Race!!!
After months of planning, marketing, praying, fundraising, and blowing up everyone’s Slack chats & Twitter feeds, SPEEDFORNEED is ready to launch! Fittingly, our first race will be the American 4miler on Independence Day, July 4th 2017 in Dilworth Charlotte, NC and will be hosted by F3 – Metro Region. Metro’s very own SIB and Bandit AO workouts leader, and SPEEDFORNEED Co-Q, Nash, will be piloting his 2.0 son Owen (14yrs old), who has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD). You ALL (PAX, M’s, 2.0s) are invited to spectate, support (bring your posters & cowbells!), or register to run with us in this SPEEDFORNEED Inaugural Race! Help is make this race experience EPIC for our rider-athlete Owen!
Never heard of SPEEDFORNEED? Watch this cool Youtube Video “The Making of SPEEDFORNEED” which shows in ~4min what and why F3 Nation is doing this charitable initiative. Want more information? Read the SPEEDFORNEED Preblast Like what we’re doing and want to support? Click for CrowdRise Donation Link or Click for F3Foundation Donation Paypal Link and make sure to put in comments “SPEEDFORNEED“. We’re still raising money for a few more racing chairs, so please donate, every little bit counts!
- RACE EVENT: RFYL American 4Miler & 1mi Kids Run (SFN Movie Trailer)
- DATE: Independence Day, July 4th 2017 ~ 7:30am 4mi Start Time (arrive 7am or earlier)
- WHO’S INVITED: F3 Nation PAX, their M’s and 2.0s (spectate & support or register to run)
- REGISTRATION WEBSITE: http://runforyourlife.com/american4miler/
- OTHER DETAILS: $35 Cost thru July 3rd / Team: “F3 Nation” / ***No race-day registration***
- MEETING POINT: F3 Nation SPEEDFORNEED tent in event festival (look for the racing chair!)
- HOST F3 REGION: F3 Metro
- DRIVER: F3 – Nash (Metro)
- TRACK COMMANDER (TC): Nash’s 2.0 Owen Farr (14yrs old)
- CAUSE: Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) Click to learn more about DMD
- SPEEDFORNEED DONATION SITE: Click for CrowdRise Donation Link
- SPEEDFORNEED PREBLAST: SPEEDFORNEED Preblast
*If your region wants to host a SPEEDFORNEED race, please let us know ASAP! We already have 40+ races identified on the annual schedule and would do our best to enable you to provide the ride of a lifetime for kids with disabilities, while showcasing what F3 Nation is all about to your local community.*
Contact: Twitter @F3SPEEDFORNEED or @JRRTolkienF3 or email SPEEDFORNEED@yahoo.com
SFN… HELP Kids, GROW F3 Nation ~ JRR Tolkien & Nash