- Workout Date - 12/10/2016
- Q In Charge - Bratwurst
- The PAX - All of F3nation
- AO -
!!!UPDATE!!! 3/1/2016 – Merging with this PREBLAST = http://f3nation.com/2016/02/29/preblast-2016-kiawah-marathon/ – Sign up there for interest and for instructions to PAY / REGISTER.
!!!UPDATE!!! – Group discount has been negotiated by @Hot-4-Teacher – details to be worked out on how to pay/register, but be assured it will be $55 or below for the Half & Full. Nearly 75 runners from across @F3SouthCarolina already ready to go.
Sign-Up to indicate interest (for those not connected to @Hot-4-Teacher) is here – http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4baeaf29a46-f3marathon. I will be using the SignUpGenius list to communicate details for getting group discount, so PLEASE SIGN UP! !!!UPDATE!!!
On Saturday, December 10, 2016, PAX and families from across from F3nation are invited to assemble near Charleston, SC, to compete in the Kiawah Island Half-marathon and Marathon. It is an opportunity for 2nd F with other PAX, 1st F for the challenge of running your first or fastest 13.1 or 26.2, and an opportunity to involve the family.
Why is this a F3 gathering?
- Location – Kiawah Island is about 45 minutes outside of Charleston, SC, so it’s an easy driving distance from PAX in NC, SC, GA, and other surrounding areas. Kiawah Island is scenic and something your family (if you want to include them) will enjoy. Enjoy maritime forest, marsh views and grand homes as you run through the island community.
- Lodging – Kiawah Island offers many rental options for staying very close to the race start. From villas, houses, and hotels, there’s something for everyone whether staying with a big group or your individual family. We’ll have a sign-up list that will allow solo PAX to get connected for lodging.
- Options – Half-marathon and Marathon run simultaneously.
- Entry – The races usually doesn’t cap out, so that means no Lottery and every PAX interested can get entry at a reasonable price.
- Timing – Mid-December is 4 weeks after Charlotte’s hometown Thunder Road 13.1 / 26.2 and 13 weeks after the Blue Ridge Relay. No conflicts and PAX can use Thunder Road as a tune-up race.
- The courses – fast and flat in normally mild weather
- Training plans: One of the ideas behind doing a joint marathon across F3nation and regions is to get on the same page and train together. Regional Qs will be putting together Long Run and other Speed Workouts geared toward the common date.
- You wanted it! – We had polled many Qs from running workouts in F3nation, and Kiawah came out far ahead for preference.
More Info about the Race: http://www.kiawahresort.com/recreation/kiawah-island-marathon
Registration for the Race: !!!UPDATE 2/22/16 – GROUP DISCOUNT BEING WORKED OUT – DO NOT REGISTER AT THIS LINK DURING THIS TIME. Provided for Informational Purposes Only – https://secure.marathonguide.com/register/KiawahIslandMarathon/
|Thru Dec. 31,
|Jan. 1 –
|Mar. 1 –
|May 1 –
|July 1 –
|Oct. 1 –
|After Nov. 30,