- Workout Date - 06/09/2016
- Q In Charge - Floppy Disc
- The PAX - First Date(WB, Hate), Grimace, Church Lady, Strange Brew(WD), Noah, Floppy Disc (YHC)
- AO -
Thanks to brothers like @Footloose, @ATM, and @Bambi, YHC finally finished his #ShovelFlag, and this AM seemed like a fine time to take it for it’s inaugural spin as the Q.
YHC rolled up to the #GoldenStrip at 0515 thinking about stretching, and just mentally preparing. Little did I know that the car that pulled up right before me was none other than @FirstDate, resident #Rabbit, and running enthusiast extraordinaire. Conversation as we were getting out of the cars went something like this: (There were no lights in the parking lot – schools out, light bills no longer a factor)
- @FD – Floppy Disc, is that you?
- YHC – Yep, @FD?
- @FD – I was just getting ready to go on a warmup run, care to join in?
- YHC – <Crickets>
- @FD – So are you in?
- YHC – Sure
This #NotARunner is trying to get mentally and physically prepared to run the #P200 this coming March, so I need to get on it. Still sucks, and I’m pretty sure that @FD was running at half speed so that I could keep up. We got in a mile, had a nice convo, and back in time for the Q.
- SSH x 20 IC
- 5 Burpees OYO
- 10 Lunges IC
- 15 IW IC
- 20 Merkins OYO
- 25 PlankJacks OYO (@Noah shows up just as we finish these)
- 30 Squats IC
Everyone looks ready to roll, so let’s mosey over to the Bus Loop for:
Ratios 4 All
- Smurpees to 7, take a lap around the loop
- 1 Burpee : 4 Smurfjacks
- Jack the Ripper to 7, take a lap around the loop
- 1 BBSU : 4 Freddy Mercury
- Jack Webb to 7 take a lap around the loop
- 1 Merkin : 4 Air Presses
- Lt. Dan to 7, take a lap around the loop
- 1 Squat : 4 Lunges
Was going to stop here, but we still had time, so #Audible
- Captain Thor to 5
- 1 BBSU : 4 American Hammers
At this point, feeling like #WorkWasDone, so let’s mosey back to the flag via 1 more loop
At the flag, YHC had an #AwfulIdea for Mary –
Bodies on the Floor
- Everyone assumes the plank positon
- Play the song Bodies by Drowning Pool
- Every time you hear “Bodies on the Floor”, you do a Donkey Kick, total of 26 donkey kicks
- Every time they count, you do a Merkin – Total of 21 Merkins
- Hold your plank for the entire song
This was as awful as advertised, so to finish up, let’s take a long lap around the parking lot to round out the last mile of running. As we’re finishing the lap, YHC hears from the Pax – “Now we know why your name is Floppy Disc – I can’t feel my arms anymore.”
Here is your total for the #Work done today, because it has more impact this way:
1 mile running, 3:21 Plank, 25 Plank Jacks, 26 Donkey Kicks, 30 Imperial Walkers, 33 Burpees, 40 SSH, 43 Big Boy Sit Ups, 60 American Hammers, 69 Merkins, 88 Squats, 112 Smurfjacks, 112 Freddy Mercury, 112 Air Presses, and 132 Lunges
- 6/11 – Dirtalope at Conestee Park – 0700 Kickoff – Info is here
- 6/18 – F3Dads w/ 2.0s at Legacy Park – 0700 regular beatdown, 0815 w/ 2.0s
- 6/25 – #PitchFork 1 year anniversary
- Thanks for the push to run this AM @FirstDate – wouldn’t have done it on my own.
- This WO is starting to #SuckOutLoud – so says my shoulders. #Smoked
- I wouldn’t do this on my own, so thanks for showing up and posting brothers
- I need to put #GoldenStrip back in my rotation – realized it had been a while this AM
Thanks for letting me lead. It’s always a privilege