- Workout Date - 03/06/2017
- Q In Charge - FDIC
- The PAX - Sub-Prime, Quaker, Woody, Abacus, Al Borland, Clarinet, Fender Bender, Beanie Weanie, Mr. Belding, Fargo, Francis, 12th Man, Partner, BOGO, FDIC (YHC)
- AO -
14 of us showed up on time (I was about a minute behind, being my first time QIC I kept forgetting items I needed to carry to lead). We won’t mention who missed the warmup and explanation for the days exercise…..AB.
WARMUP (I decided what to do as we went, so I may forget everything)
- Side Straddle Hop: 10 IC
- Flutter kicks: 10 IC
- Dolly: 10 IC
- Windmill: 10 IC at NORMAL speed, not Abacus speed
- Sun Gods: 10 IC
QIC decided his was enough, and the explanation of the day’s workout ensued.
Started by letting them know it was going to be inspired by Exodus 17. Someone groaned, apparently we have a bible scholar in the group. The passage shared explains how the Israelites were going into battle against Amalek. Moses stood on the hill with his hands raised over the battle field. When his arms grew weary and fell, they would lose, but as long as they were raised, the Israelites would win. Aaron and Hur put down a stone for a seat and held his hand up as needed. Alas, no such help for Moses today. We broke into 4 groups, with each group having their own Moses stretch out his hands. There were 5 stations, with two prescribed exercises at each. First rotation, first exercise, second rotation, second exercise. Rinse and repeat if time allowed. The men also had to carry two ten pound bags of stones each (but they never got to build a seat), AND carry Moses’s bags as well. At each station, they completed the exercise, once done rest position was plank. However, first man done would relieve Moses; we didn’t want him missing the fun!! Moses would “stand on the hill” for two stations, then rotate to someone else. If at any time Moses’s hands were to fall, the team had to do 5 burpees as a penalty.
- Station 1: 40 Merkins
- Station 2: 40 arm raises, one 10 pound bag in each hand
- Station 3: 40 breast strokes i.e. Super-Man with swim motion
- Station 4: 40 squat jumps, with arms raised overhead
- Station 5: 40 calf raises PLUS an air press
(Back to station 1, at this point the team has ran 1/2 mile)
- Station 1: 40 Derkins, feet on planters box
- Station 2: 40 single count “Superstar” lunges, i.e. lunge with arms raised overhead
- Station 3: 40 shoulder shrugs, 10-pound bag in each hand
- Station 4: 12 hanging leg raises
- Station 5: 40 single count kneeling crunches
Time was up, so we moseyed back to the flag for a quick look into the Word. I had a hard time pulling up the verses I wanted, between the rain, wet fingers, and out of breath, I kept clicking the wrong thing…..
I thought about the Israelites. God had promised them he would take care of them. Look what they had just left behind! And now God was going to give them Canaan, and yet the people doubted. We do the same today. We think we know what’s best. So we looked at some scriptures that showed us just how well God knows us.
- Luke 12:7 our hairs on our head are numbered
- Psalms 131:1-13 He knows our words before they’re even on our tongues, etc
- Hebrews 13:6 the Lord is my helper, I won’t have fear…..
- Psalms 23: the lord is my shepherd, I shall not want……
- Jeremiah 29:11 God knows the plans he has for us…..
- 1 Corinthians 2:9-12 we have the Spirit of God that dwells in us…..
Yes, we know 12th man, F3 picnic on April 22nd. He did add that Hurricane Alley is in charge of food and RSVP duties. Clarinet will DJ…..no guarantee he’ll have anything good to play. Time will be from 2pm-until. Recommended be there no later than 3pm.
Couple of Q spots still open at end of March. PLEASE fill them or Beanie Weanie will….we’ve been warned.
- BOGO talk with dad on 3/7. Pray for receptive heart.
- Student from Wade Hampton High died one day before his birthday.
- Bad accident last night at 81/86 intersection. Motorcycle was involved.