- Workout Date - 01/18/2016
- Q In Charge - Affordable Care Act
- The PAX - ATM, Barney, Tedediah, Short Barrel, Whisper, Thumper, Third Base, LookOutBelow, Cocoon, Sammy, Soccer Mom, LiteBrite, Officer Poncharello, Affordable Care Act
- AO -
Somewhere we must come to see that human progress never rolls in on the wheels of inevitability. It comes through the tireless efforts and persistent work of dedicated individuals who are willing to be co-workers with God. And without this hard work, time itself becomes an ally of the primitive forces of social stagnation. So we must help time and realize that the time is always ripe to do right.
– Martin Luther King, Jr. on “the myth of time” in his final Sunday sermon at the National Cathedral
Today we did our best to honor one of the most powerful #HighImpactMen to walk God’s big round ball. How do we do that, you ask? 14 men set their internal thermostats to “I don’t care”, stepped over the dog supposedly guarding the front door, scraped the ice from their windshields with their fingernails, and drove to the Tower on time even though the Tower is always 15 minutes late (or early…. depending on your perspective).
Conditions: 31 degrees. @Sammy and @Tedediah drove up like….
Later, they would argue over his extra pair of gloves…
Warm-Up (uh yeah…. We’re in the Rockies)
- SSH x 25 (IC)
- Imperial Walkers x 25 (IC)
- High Knees (45 seconds)
- Buttkickers (45 seconds)
- Semicircle Mountain Climbers x 25 (IC) Oh great, he’s been looking at Men’s Health again….
- Electric Boogaloos x 20 (IC) Note: What was once a silly idea to fit into my 80’s movie montage Q now seems more official. Boom. Started from the bottom, now we here.
- Smoke the arms and shoulders with a variation of the Ascending Curb Crawl. Bear crawl from one curb to the other, performing 3 derkins at the first curb, 6 at the second, 9, 12, until you reach 21 derkins…. or 3 sets of 7 derkins, as YHC did them. Yikes.
- Smoke the legs with a little visit behind the car lot (and not the ones you enjoyed in your youth). Line up shoulder to shoulder for a bucket brigade. Once all PAX have their #CMUs we get some goblet squats and king kongs in. Then we complete the bucket brigade with all #CMUs on the other side of the line. Time for pulse squats! I have to get these in for my #YearoftheDunk work. Note: Sadly, I forgot the most important element to the trip over here. We were supposed to be in the People’s Chair the entire bucket brigade. Dangit! My apologies. As always, you can submit your complaints here.
- Smoke the abs with a Fire Hose/Mary medley. I had to squeeze in my new favorite coupons somehow. Two battle ropes (fire hoses donated by the Greenville Fire Dept.) were waiting on the PAX so we split up into two groups of 7 to mix in some ab work while taking turns on the battle ropes.
MOM (see above)
- Spartanburg Convergence on the 23rd!
- Prayers for Greg Gibbons
- Prayers for YHC’s mom
- @Barney‘s friend from church and the reminder that time is precious (refer to the MLK quote above).
Great job, men! Always a privilege to share the gloom with all of you….. except you, @ThirdBase……. I’m kidding! Please don’t kill me.