- Workout Date - 11/06/2017
- Q In Charge - Squid
- The PAX - Thumper, Road Trip, Church Lady, Cocoon, Ponch, Rapid Fire, Johnny 5, Benign, NYOPT, Goose Egg, Butterbean, Bambi, Soccer Mom, Whisper, Sammy, Nomad, Short Barrel, LOB, The Tickler, Hot For Teacher, 3rd Base, YHC
- AO - Tower of Terror
22 PAX felt invigorated with an extra hour of sleep over the weekend and joined YHC for a 2nd Anniversary Q at The Tower. There were some rare wildlife sightings as Bambi and Thumper emerged from the forest. Even stranger, Church Lady was 5 minutes early, but unverified rumors circulated that his watch actually read 6:35am and simply forgot to turn it back over the weekend.
Weather: 67 degrees. Perfect.
F3 Mission: Nailed it.
Disclosure: Consult a physician before starting any exercise program.
Thang: Four corners of fun
- Corner1: 10 8ct Body Builders, 10 Leg Throwdowns w/partner, run to Corner 2
- Corner2: 10 8 ct Body Builders, 10 Leg Throwdowns, Lunge walk to Corner 3 with 1 squat per 2 lunges
- Corner3: 10 8ct Body Builders, 10 Leg Throwdowns w/partner, run to Corner 4
- Corner4: 10 8 ct Body Builders, 10 Leg Throwdowns, Lunge walk to Corner 1 with 1 squat per 2 lunges
- Round2: Repeat Round1. Replace 8 ct BB with 20 Merkins. Replace squats with Imperial Walkers.
- Round3: Mosey 1 lap and return to flag
Only a minute left for Mary:
– Flutters x 39 IC
-Great work by all this morning. Not much running on the menu, but I am sure that came as no surprise to those who know me.
-Great to see Whisper & Bambi out this morning, even while recovering from injuries.
-Most normal bipeds required ~40 lunges to traverse the distance. Third Base only needed 8.
I showed up to F3 @ TOT 2 years ago with the first workout being led by LOB. After endless lunges and squats in the police station parking lot, I swore hamstring muscles meet like a wishbone where the sun does not shine and it took 4 days to recover. For the 2nd workout, Thumper took us on a field trip to the baseball stadium for Bleacher-rama with box jumps, burpees, and bear crawls down the steps. It felt like someone had concocted a meth lab in my stomach. While the PAX began to run back 3/4 mile to the flags, ATM joined me for the slow walk. However, up ahead through the gloom I could see the PAX circling back to “pick up the six”. The simple act of “leave no man behind” inspired me run to the finish and has continued to inspire me to push myself and encourage others. While we never strive to be “the six”, all of us may find ourselves there depending on the circumstances, and hopefully we are surrounded by others who will pick us up. After 2 years, others have strengthened me physically, mentally, and spiritually. I sincerely hope one day someone will say the same of me.
-Convergence on Thursday 11/9 at Bon Secours Wellness Arena; bring an unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots campaign
-Swamp Rabbit Half Marathon on 2/24
-Go Ruck Heavy @ Ft. Bragg on
-Prayers for Brenda fighting cancer
-Prayers for all families affected by church shooting in Texas
-Prayers for Andrew Brunson in prison
Proud to stand next to you, humbled to have the opportunity to lead you.