- Workout Date - 11/02/2016
- Q In Charge - BOGO
- The PAX - 12th Man, Abacus, Al Borland, Beanie Weenie, Brown Shorts, Clarinet, Fargo, Flow Rider, Francis, Gluten, iLean, Keystone, Mr. Belding, Negative, Partner, Quickie, Seal, Tiny Dancer, Waterboy, Whittle, BOGO (YHC)
- AO -
21 PAX gathered in the gloom to work off what Halloween had put on. Although the Alley zombies had been laid back to rest, there was still plenty of weirdness to go around…
- Windmill – 10 IC
- SSH – 20 IC
- Mountain Climbers – 21 IC (Oops)
- Air Humpers – 10 IC (Because hump day…)
Snake the bleachers, mosey around the track back to the flag.
Partner up – size matters! Complete 8 stations around the track. Partner carries in-between (50 yds each).
- Station 1 – 20 Dips
- Station 2 – 20 Bobby Hurleys
- Station 3 – 20 BBSU
- Station 4 – 20 Burpees
- Station 5 – 20 Lunges (Single count)
- Station 6 – 20 Hand-Release Merkins
- Station 7 – 20 Jump Tucks (Knees to chest)
- Station 8 – 20 Box Cutters
- AMRAP until 6:10 .
- Flutter Kicks – 25 IC
- Dolly – 20 IC
- Freddy Mercury – 20 IC
- Sweat Angels – 10 IC
Hump day air humpers were a fave as usual. Many of the men scouted their surroundings before descending to their 6 in fear of being happened upon by a group of ladies (refer back 2 weeks). YHC would have done good to do the same during his first group of lunges…
I was telling Al Borland and Clarinet about a conversation I had the night before with GI Jane. He had asked what was on the schedule for my Q, and because of the partner carries, my response was, “My nuts on your back!”
At that exact moment, a walking group of the fairer sex came out of nowhere. The awkwardness was thicker than Borland’s beard, but there was no saving face.They just snickered and kept on walking. It’s moments like these where the gloom is your friend and no one can see your face. I would later try to pin the comment on Al, using his hospital name for extra insurance.
Other than that slip of the tongue, 21 sweaty guys carrying each other on their backs went off without a hitch. Shout out to all the guys who were oversized in their pairings! Most groups made it at least two laps around the track with the regular show-offs (Cough cough, Beanie Weanie) completing more.
It was great to have Flow Rider back in the group after missing the better part of a couple months with neck/back/arm pain/numbness. We’re hoping for continued health and healing!
Finally, a huge shoutout to Whittle for being 71 and still being able to carry another human on his back. Triple respect!
With all of the weirdness behind us, I closed the day with a challenge. At F3, we talk a lot about iron sharpening iron from Proverbs 27:17, so I encouraged the PAX that it’s impossible for that to happen if we aren’t willing to open ourselves up to other men. Our bodies and minds lie to us, and we need the voices of other men in our lives helping us fight for truth.
- Negative’s mom has been diagnosed with early Alzheimer’s.
- Quickie’s sister with breast cancer.
- T-bag’s sister with breast cancer.
- Padre’s wife Michelle recovering from surgery.
- 11/10 – Toys for Tots – Bon Secours – 5:30am
- 11/19 – Don’t be a grinch 5k – Acadia Subdivision
- Sunday workout at Gideon’s House