- Workout Date - 06/11/2016
- Q In Charge - Flay
- The PAX - ALL YOU YAHOOS
- AO -
UPDATE FROM FLAY AT THE BOTTOM. SCROLL DOWN YOU DINGBAT!
Calling all Swamp Rabbit, PAX: announcing the return of the Jackalope, this time with a bit of a twist.
So the notion of the second edition of the Jackalope has been marinating in my brain. I floated this idea around with what passes for a braintrust in these parts, and it looks like we have a quorum. Since we’ll be sleeping in our own beds, and I’m hoping that this will bring out some that aren’t interested in running, I see this more as a souped up convergence than a true #CSAUP, but here’s the idea:
What: The Dirtalope
When: Saturday, June 11. Toes down at 0700
Who: F3 men of all shapes and sizes
Why: Because reasons
- 4+ hour event. Finish sometime between 1100 and 1200. Just in time for family time.
- 8 Qs (2 each from our major sub regions: Downtown, Eastside/Greer, Mauldin/Simpsonville, Powdersville/Easley)
- 10-15 minutes per Q followed by a trail loop ending back in the park and passing to the next Q. No man left behind.
- 0.0 Division for those PAX who don’t run
- 2nd and 3rd F afterward in the park with the M’s and 2.0’s. in the park pavillion
As much as I loved the point to point nature of last year’s Jackalope, and in spite of its good numbers, I do think some guys stayed away because of the mileage. I’ve also grown obsessed with trails and I think some guys who typically don’t run might give it a go if they’re not getting pounded by pavement. Even if they don’t, however, we can set up a 0.0 division while the PAX are out on their loops. That will have the added benefit of putting our 0.0 guys in touch with each other so they can maybe revive that workout.
The end goal is to have an event that is challenging in the 1st F but heavy on 2nd and 3rd Fs and help foster some community and inclusiveness in the guys. It’s been a while since we really converged in the region, so while this may end up feeling CSAUP, that’s not 100% the point.
All we need now is 2 Q’s from each subregion mentioned above, so the AO Qs need to put their heads together and get me some names. This is a chance to bring your best, brightest and weirdest to the fore and show up the rest of the Upstate. Also, if anybody wants to lead or has thoughts on a good leader for the 0.0 division, let me know.
Mark your calendar and make sure the M’s and 2.0’s come out to see the finish and have a picnic afterward.
6.8.16 Update from Flay (thank you for scrolling)
At long last, the week is upon us, brothers. Here’s the lineup of our Q’s from each prospective region that will be leading:
Downtown (MainThang, TankYard, Gideon’s, Dogpound)
Bondo / Iceman
Eastside (Burbs, Station, The Gate)
Blue Hawaii / NSA
Mauldin/Simpleville (Golden Strip, ToT, Pitchfork)
Powdersville/Easley (Powder Keg, The Mont)
Seal / BrownShorts (that’s gonna get weird)
- Park in the big lot in front of the large gazebo/playground area
- I encourage guys to show up a little early. We will be moving promptly at 0700 and I’d like to have a BOM beforehand to kick things off
- I will have a timer on hand to keep Q’s to 10-15 minutes so the event doesn’t spin out of control. We want to be done as close to 1100 as we can
- Please have the Ms and 2.0s show up around 11 for the finale/BOM/2nd F
- No new patches this year because YHC is lazy. I have a few leftovers from last year for any first timers that are interested
- BRING YOUR SHOVELFLAGS
- We’ll be running on trails, but Connestee is pretty buffed out. Your typical bootcamp kicks will suffice for the running portion
- As always, Ranger Panties are not just allowed, but encouraged.
- THIS IS A 4 HOUR EVENT. BRING HYDRATION AND ANY NUTRITION (GELS, BLOCKS, SALT TABS, ETC) THAT YOU MIGHT NEED
That’s all I can think of for now, boys. Looking forward to seeing everybody on Saturday