- Workout Date - 04/09/2016
- Q In Charge - Floppy Disc
- The PAX - Office Poncharello (WB), Lite Brite, Whisper (Respect, WD), Obama, Pine Tar, Floppy Disc (YHC)
- AO -
When you’re rolling our of the #Fartsack at 0400 on a Saturday, there are a couple of thoughts that go through your mind:
- I’ve lost my mind
- The #DRP isn’t always easy to swallow
- There are brothers doing the same thing at the same time, so let’s go. Don’t want to leave them hanging. Solo rucks/posts just suck more.
With these thoughts rolling through YHC’s mind, I rolled out and met up with Ponch for a great #2ndF ruck of 4 miles pre-post. #GoodTimes With the temps hovering around 50, we rolled into the AO, and it was time for
The Pitchfork 500
YHC come rolling up with one of the BATs (Big A** Tires) to the WU. Getting some looks from the Pax, but no explanation is offered. Circle up, disclaimer given, and the WU begins:
20 SSH IC.
Let’s mosey, and each person will get a turn at the BAT, rolling it along. While the BAT is being rolled by 1 pax, the other pax are following behind doing the following:
Lunge Walk, Backwards mosey, Karaoke, High Knees, and here we are at the track.
Time for The Thang:
Group is split into 3 groups, and the following explanation is given:
- Pit Stop 1 at close side of track, each pax will do:
- 50 Burpees
- 100 LBCs
- 100 Lunges
- Pit Stop 2 at far side of track, each pax will do:
- 50 Burpees
- 100 Freddy Mercurys
- 100 Squats
Group 1 starts at Pit Stop 1, Group 2 at Pit Stop 2, Group 3 starts running from Pit Stop 1 to 2. Once the running group arrives, trade places with the pax there, and rinse and repeat around the track until all groups have finished all 500 reps. Slight wrinkle though. There is a BAT on the track close to Pit Stop 1, and a BAT close to Pit Stop 2. When you come upon a BAT on your run, flip that BAT.
All pax worked strongly this AM, tires were flipped, and we picked up about 2 miles by the time we were done.
Once all Pax were finished, roll the BATS back to clubhouse, and mosey back to the flag.
Plenty o time left, so let’s not waste it. Pax line up shoulder to shoulder, feet on the sidewalk, hands in the parking lot, plank up for a Merkin trail of tears: Pax at 1 end bear crawls to other end of the line, 1 merkin. Next Pax bear crawl to end, 2 merkins. Rinse and repeat through all 6 pax.
Still time left, so let’s get some Mary while we can:
- 20 flutters IC
- Jack the Rippper to 5
Announcements of many runs and races coming up in the next 2 weeks.
We all brought our friends and loved ones to the pax this AM, but more importantly to the Most High. Continued prayers for
- Pine Tar’s grandmother Jane Dryer in hospice in RI. Prayers for comfort and peace for her and their family during this time of life
- Whisper’s friend Terry in hospice as well
- Obama’s friend Peggy Bowling in Richmond, VA in the hospital
- Lite Brite’s grandfather’s declining health, and the struggle that Lite Brite’s father has caring for him.
- Nailpop and Keri as they continue to care for Walker, and await his going home to the Father. #WalkerStrong
As the BATs were being flipped, YHC reminded the Pax that we often come across obstacles in our daily life that briefly interrupt our journey. You have to deal with the obstacles that come our way in order to move on towards the goals that we are pursuing. Think about that next time you’re flipping tires.
Great work was done this AM, and Whisper is getting faster. As a running partner, we really pushed each other around the track. I wouldn’t give him a head start in a race.
As the BATs were being returned to their home, the new ITunes App was apparently in use, as I heard “I Hate You” “I’m feeling disrespected” “I Hate You”. You know – the app that reads your mind and shares those thoughts.
Thanks for showing up, and putting in the work. I wouldn’t do this on my own.