- Workout Date - 12/10/2023
- Q In Charge - Alfred
- The PAX - iTunes, Ricky Bobby, Perry Mason, Erector, Blue Hawaii, Iceman, Grrr, No Bars, Slick Willy, FNG Ryan Tonnsen - Almond Joy
- AO -
12 Men INCLUDING one FNG rolled out of the #fartsack in the 18 degree weather to come out to #TheStation for a daily #downPAINment. YHC had a little surprise in store for the PAX this morning (less so since Grrr let the cat out of the bag on twitter ;)). Let’s do this thang.
Smurf Jacks x 15 IC
Merkins x 10 IC
Imperial Walkers x 10 IC
A FNG rolled up right about now, so we do 10 squats in cadence to get him a little warmed up. Let’s mosey!
Mosey over to Memorial UMC for a little block party. Every man is instructed to grab a cinder block and partner up for a Dora 1-2-3-3-2-1, otherwise known as “Double Dora”. This was, in fact, YHC’s first Q that involved blocks.
For those that don’t know, Dora is an exercise where reps are split between your partner until done. Here’s how it went:
100 Calf Raises with your block. Your Partner walks on their toes to the light pole and back carrying their block, then switch. Until you get to 100.
200 curls. Partner runs to end of parking lot and back. Alternate.
300 squats. Partner runs to end of parking lot and back. Alternate.
No bars led the PAX in some plank work while everyone finished. Time for Dora #2.
300 lat rows with the block. Partner runs to end of lot and back. Alternate.
200 Bench press with block. Partner runs to end of lot and back. Alternate.
100 Lunges with block. Partner walks on toes to light pole and back with block. Alternate.
Someone was seen leading the early finishers in flutter kicks. Thanks.
Put back the blocks and mosey back to #TheStation for 1 minute of mary.
Dying cockroaches x 21 IC.
- YHC had more planned, like 4 “core”ners, but Double Dora took up too much time. Single dora next time.
- No bars is unstoppable. The only way to slow him down is to do AMRAPs instead of fixed rep count.
- Grrr was very exuberant this morning. Must have been the day off for MLK day yesterday. #BankersHours
- Awesome to see a FNG show up in the nasty cold. Almond Joy pushed hard and did great. Keep coming out.
- Keep the EH on all the time.
- Pray for Slick Willy’s mom w/ pneumonia
- Pray for the Faye (sp) family. Mother has terminal breast cancer.
- Pray for Gabby M. and Ford S.
- Pray for Blue’s uncle and family
- Pray for Erector’s work.
- Convergence this Saturday at Star Command at 0700.
- Drifter 6k on 2/6. F3 discount code is: F3