- Workout Date - 06/02/2015
- Q In Charge - Spongebob
- The PAX - Crabgrass, Butterbean, Obama, 1D, Brown shorts, Sadiq, Catelyn (formerly known as Jenner), Portapotty, FNG Brian - Tammy faye, Fred, TMI, gymboree, Da Tickler, BigV, Noah, Mary, WiFi, Fertile, Sushi, Sticky, Cool breeze, Brutus
- AO -
A little background: In early May, 1D mentioned that he would come out to Main Thang and Q. YHC decided to return the favor and lock in a date for 6/2 to Q at Golden Strip. I put my name on the Google Calendar as I and many others have done for years past.
Fast forward to the afternoon of 6/1 and Sushi begins smack-talking about his Q on 6/2 at Golden Strip. You can imagine my confusion when I checked the Google Calendar and saw ‘SPONGEBOB’ still on the date. What I didn’t know was that there is an ‘off-grid’ calendar that is kept by 1D to help cater to the dotcomly challenged.
After some discussion, Sushi was very nice to allow me to Q at GS, and it ended with some training and access to the calendar for future enrollments. ON TO THE SHOW!
23 men (1 FNG) showed up to Golden Strip without a clue who was Q’ing, and futhermore, how much fun was going to be had.
Pre Warm-up Speech
– When we’re running, focus today on putting that little bit of extra effort into the runs…make it burn
– FORM must NOT be compromised to be in the lead. You are 1000X’s better off being the 6 with great form, than to be in the lead with terrible form that benefits you none.
SSH X 20
IW X 20
Merkins X 12
Mtn Climbers X 15
Mosey to the corner of the parking lot
T-claps and credit to Double Aught for this idea that I stole
AMRAP – 4 CORNERS
Partner 1 RUNS FAST around the parking lot loop (~.25 Miles)
Partner 2 AMRAPS an exercise
Switch when P1 gets around
when P2 gets around, mosey to corner 2 and repeato until you make it all the way around
Exercise 1 – Squats
Exercise 2 – Merkins
Exercise 3 – Lunges
Exercise 4 – Burpees #crowdpleaser
**This got the heartrates up for sure
– Core, Plank, etc. until the entire PAX is done
Mosey over to the median
Duck walk to tree #2 – 5 Merkins
Bear Crawl to tree #4 – 5 Donkey Kicks
Broad Jump to tree #6 – 5 Squat Jumps
Sprint back to start
Repeato but 10’s instead of 5’s
*Major Kudos to 1D and Sushi who had a great race going on at the end = MAX EFFORT
Mosey to Flags
LBC 2.0s X 12 SLOW CADENCE
Dead Cockroaches X 12 SLOW CADENCE
Rosalitas X 12 SLOW CADENCE
Back Wrinkles X 12 SLOW CADENCE
– Welcome FNG Tammy Faye!
– Although we kid about the average age of the Golden Strippers and their lack of Backblasts…I keep having to give them props. Those boys have some speed…and when you tell them to pick it up a notch, they pick it up 2 notches. GREAT work today pushing yourself and everyone else
– Monarch Elementary is a go with Tues and Friday workouts
– Prayers for Mary’s Brother (Simba) who is still looking for a place to live out in Africa after having to change plans to avoid EBOLA
– Prayer’s for Noah’s Friend’s Mom who has had some rough health lately, as well as the friend’s wife who got in a car wreck recently
– Praise for Sadiq’s brand new Nephew that literally popped out in 18 mins! 7lbs. 13 OZ, mom and baby are fantastic
– Prayers for 1D and family as they are in the process of moving. Suggestion is to have a 5:30 AM workout to help move everything out (May have been a joke, but I think Kip would be in favor)
– Praise for Gymboree’s friend who is a golfer and has been debating about continuing with it as a pro. Just won latest tourney and things are looking up!
– Praise to Nacho Libre from PowderKeg who is graduating from Marine Bootcamp – THANK YOU!
Let me be the first to T-Clap this backblast. I am now a 49 year old Millennial with access to the Q Calendar. Out of conflict comes progress. Great Q this AM. What took so long to get out the backblast?? 🙂