- Workout Date - 03/20/2017
- Q In Charge - Clarinet
- The PAX - Abacus, Quaker, FDIC, Fender Bender, Beanie Weenie, Mr. Belding, Partner, Tardy, BOGO, Padre, Steel Magnolia, 12th Man, Karaoke, Slug, Whittle, Clarinet (QIC)
- AO -
16 PAX assembled in the balmy gloom of a Monday morning to get there week started out right. Many months ago, when PARTNER joined the AO, I knew the day would come when I would have to bring up a little piece of history from my old days back at Wren. As a marching band member, it was tradition for some of the juniors and seniors to stay on the band field the night before state competition if we had done well enough to be still in the running. Back in 2000, 1 such night occurred. However, during the night, some of the guys thought it would be a good idea to do some donuts on the band field. As the dust cleared, the blue lights came barreling through straight out of an episode of dukes of hazard. We all went running and some of us made it home without having to ride in a cop car. However, during the next week at school, just like all bad things done in secret, even those of us that weren’t caught red handed had to pay the piper. My name was among others on a list of those involved. So, we reported to the principal’s office to learn our fate. Just before leaving PARTNER’s office, we were issued well deserved community service projects to pay for our destruction to the field. So today, with PARTNER and I reunited, we re-enact the COMMUNITY SERVICE CONFESSIONAL.
- Windmill – 10 IC
- Cherry Pickers – 15 IC
- Chinook – IC 10 forward, 10 backward
- Side straddle hop – 20 IC
- Merkins – 20 OYO
Donuts around the Band Field
- 2 mosey laps around the track
COPS – time to run.
- 100 yard sprint to opposite end of track.
Did they see us?
- 15 Burpees OYO
- 100 yard sprint to opposite end of track.
Time to Hide – in that Dumpster over there…
- Partner up for 5 “ Dumpster Divers” each. Find a spot about 10 ft. in front of a wall. Plank position, crawl backwards to wall, climb feet up wall, do 1 DERKIN, crawl down, return crawl forward to partner. Partner holds AL GORE while waiting.
- Everyone find a spot on the wall for People’s (Partner’s) Chair.
- Hold 1 minute.
- 10 Second shake out.
- Hold for 1 more minute.
- Alternating arms out and arms up (to receive slap on wrist and ensuing guilt for wrong doing)
COMMUNITY SERVICE ISSUED
With 16 PAX, we made 4 teams of 4. Each team member sent 1 person to grab a block (symbolizing a full trash bag)
- Teams mosey over to large concrete visitor stands.
- All teams start in middle of stands.
- 2 team members alternate BIG BOY sit-up’s while passing off the block to each other.
- Extra 2 team members bear crawl to end of stands, crawl up skipping 1 row, then crawl back even with 2 team members doing sit-up’s.
- Role’s switch and team starts on 2nd row up from bottom to keep moving up the stands.
- Keep switching and moving up until all rows are “Clean”.
With 4 teams, we used row 0 and row 1 to allow 4 teams to start and go opposite directions out from middle. Then the Bear crawl team members skipped a row to keep teams from running into each other. Needless to say, some confusion was had by all but we powered through just like any good community service project.
With 9 minutes to go, we have just enough time to clean the home stands too. What joy!
- Teams mosey over to aluminum bleachers with their trash bag.
- All teams start at far end of bleachers.
- 2 team members snake up the 1st row and back down the 2nd
- While they are running, additional team members are using 1st row to do DIPS. 1 team member even gets to hold the block in his lap then switch for round 2 of DIPS.
- When 2 runners return, team moves down 1 stadium section and running/DIP combo starts again.
All teams finished up just as we ran over the 6AM mark. No time for Mary but those stands sure are looking clean.
We all circled up and I shared a few quick words and scripture.
If we are going to be leaders in our community, family, home, workplace, etc., I think we need to go first in confessing sins and admitting our faults if we share blame in a situation. It may have been many years ago, but again PARTNER, sorry I put you through that trouble. Another reason I am thankful for the brotherhood of F3 and we need to use this to free ourselves from the burdens the world and satan wants you to carry around.
“Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.”
James 5:16 ESV
So the takeaway is: First confess because if you can be brave, you will be free.
Next – Service.
“For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Mark 10:45 ESV
As Partner challenged us many weeks ago, we need to keep reminding ourselves to go out and find ways to serve others. Be a light where some people may have none and then hope that opens a door to other conversations. You literally may be the only light some people have in their daily lives, so I hope and pray we can see our workplaces and relationships through that lens.
Sometimes, the hardest part is trying to figure out how to serve. We may not know what to do or if we even can be of service to others. But God makes us a promise.
“As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace:”
1 Peter 4:10 ESV
So, we each have a gift but we must pray and discipline ourselves to find it and then strive to use it for God’s glory.
We make a living by what we get but we make a life by what we give.
- April 22nd first annual F3 family picnic for our local AO’s. Remember to pay BOGO.
- Saturday March 25th, Trailblazer Park – Traveler’s Rest, 9:30 to 1:30, Community Service Opportunity.
- Quaker, prayers for Padre’s wife Michelle.
- Praise report for Bogo’s son Charlie doing well after incident this past week. Praise for peace and God’s hand in bringing them through the event. Praying both children’s fever will break and they can put this behind them.