- Workout Date - 10/03/2023
- Q In Charge -
- The PAX -
- AO -
14 Swamp Rabbits got after it for a fast 6 miles on the Greenville High track.
1 mile warmup, then 4 rounds of 200m Repetition-200m recovery, 200m Repetition-200m recovery, 400m Repetition-400m recovery. Closed with 3/4 mile cool down. With the bonus mosey to collect the pax we were knocking on the door of 6 total miles. (Each circuit= 1 mile). 1D led us in several minutes of Mary, introducing the Ab Slicer. Fortunately we did not have time to finish that one. Mega Mu led some stretching to make sure we can all walk later.
This is a sneaky tough workout. We are nearing the maximum for miles, as we want to shoot for no more than 4.5 miles of hard intervals. The Repetition pace (calculated here http://runsmartproject.com/calculator/) is much faster than we went in our past two workouts, and YHC had a hard time maintaining consistent pace throughout.
-Happy birthday and an impressed Tclaps to Grim Reaper and Highlights. Didn’t even use it as an excuse to fartsack! Here’s to many more.
– Next week will be a 1 mile time trial. This is to set the baseline as we chart our development. Come one, come all. We will also work in a light interval session following the trial.
– Looking to find a good 5k in late June or early July for the pax to target. All this speed work will result in faster times, and it’s important to see that improvement. Also gives us something to aim for. Open to suggestions as to which race.
– Weekly Tempo run is next on the agenda. YHC, Mega Mu and Longbottom discussed potential 6 mile course starting downtown. Hitting Ring of Fire and the unnamed tempo run in the same week will guarantee 12 miles at the very least completed. This is an integral workout for anyone training for a 10K and up. Will stagger start times based on estimated time of finish so we all finish together. The speed Rabbits will start at 0530, while I will start at 0520. We can add a 0510 heat as well. More details to follow.
– If you haven’t already, make sure to pick up your copy of Freed To Lead. Fantastic read for any F3er, and great intro to anyone interested in joining. http://www.amazon.com/Freed-To-Lead-Unshackling-Modern-day-ebook/dp/B00JJQB2Z8