- Workout Date - 03/02/2016
- Q In Charge - Affordable Care Act
- The PAX - PETA, Double Windsor, Clip-On, Gilligan, Bondo, Caliendo, Affordable Care Act, Inspector Gadget, Caviar
- AO -
After a week of sinus infection kept me away from the most revered coffeeteria in Swamp Rabbit, YHC got a little sentimental and decided to visit all the favorite spots where I’ve questioned all of our sanities at one point or another.
9 PAX barely had time to nestle in to their fartsack before they got right back out, kicked the rooster in the John Brown hind parts, drove to our friends’ house, and circled up for an old-fashioned beatdown at the expense of our M’s (or girlfriend’s, @Clip-On) faint heart that skipped an extra beat as we burst back in our home like Fabio on the cover of a 90s best seller.
Conditions: 40 degrees and clear. If it were any nicer, we’d have been wrapped in linen and holding hands in a weird prescription drug commercial while some soothing, yet official voice barks out 84 side effects in the background.
- Discussion about the start time and how we would like to move it back to 5:15. @Caviar wanted to get those 13 minutes back by napping in the car. @Bondo wouldn’t let him.
- We actually picked up over half of the PAX during that conversation. Time to do work.
- SSH x 20 (IC)
- Imperial Walkers x 20 (IC) Note: Hang in there, @Iceman, it gets better.
- Merkins x 15 (IC)
- Peter Parkers x 15 (IC)
- Newton’s Cradle x 15 (IC)
- Mosey to Pete’s parking lot for a quick Burp ‘N Merk to 5 merkins.
- Mosey across the street to the gas station for a People’s Chair while the PAX jump out one by one for 5 Star Jacks (executing perfect form… except for @Caviar. Get that left arm high!).
- Mosey back across the road for an Ascending Curb Crawl to 16 with Derkins on one side and big boy sit-ups on the other. There was a bird in a nearby tree obviously concerned for all of our safety. What I would give for lungs like his….
- Mosey to the church parking lot for some box jumps.
- Lt. Dans to 5 squats, 20 lunges.
- 17s, Gideon’s House! That’s right, Pitchfork and TOT! I spread the love.
- One more 17, cause we missed our time by what felt like a couple weeks.
- Mosey to the church stairs. Time is limited so let’s Joe Hendrix up the first flight.
- Mosey to Pete’s again for a Starbucks Burpee (x10). This Starbucks order is hand release burpees ending with a star jack (and double espresso shot).
- Mosey back to the House for Mary.
- LBCs x 20 (IC)
- Xs and Os (IC)
- Prayers for Walker, @NailPop’s son, who has had a tough week.
- Prayers for @QuarterPipe at Gideon’s
- Prayers for YHC’s adoption process
- Prayers for @Gilligan’s job search
@Caliendo sent me this video this week.
No matter your denomination and regardless of the dramatic music in the background, the message still resonates. We are meant for something more. @Bondo showed me a book he is reading/studying currently that follows the same crisis this video presents. A different book that this organization was founded on, “Freed to Lead”, is based on this same crisis. I have been hearing a voice recently to move forward in this way myself. We discussed this morning F3’s involvement with HOG day and Gideon’s in some way. There is so much power within this fraternity of like-minded HIM. Let’s not let this opportunity to serve and build pass us by. There will be conversations in the coming weeks to think of the next big thing for all three Fs. Please give your input along with your efforts to push through the next barrier and bring more men into the fold…… there’s an unfurled American flag behind me with trumpets playing some kind of Souza arrangement , isn’t there?
Always a pleasure and I can’t wait to see what happens next week.