- Workout Date - 04/10/2017
- Q In Charge - BOGO
- The PAX - 12th Man, Abacus, Clarinet, Crunchy, Fargo, FDIC, Karaoke, Mr. Belding, Partner, Quaker, Tardy, Whittle, BOGO (YHC)
- AO -
13 PAX held down the fort at Hurricane Alley while their friends set sail on the spring break booze cruise. Disappointed about the diminished number of men I would be able to inflict pain on, I started with fury promptly at 5:15.
- Windmill – 5 IC
- SSH – 30 IC
- Merkins – 10 IC
- Shoulder Touches – 20 IC
- MC – 20 IC
Recover and mosey to away bleachers. Run stairs.
- Merkins – 10
- Werkins – 10
- Diamond Merkins – 10
- Stagger-Right Merkins – 10
- Stagger-Left Merkins – 10
- Run up the concrete steps and back down.
- Rinse and repeat
Mosey back under the home bleachers.
Pull-ups – Run up the bleachers – Hand-release Merkins – Run down the bleachers.
Mosey out the far end of the bleachers back to the flag.
100-yard Burpee Dash
- Sprint 100 yards. Do 10 Burpees.
- Sprint 100 yards. Do 9 Burpees.
- Sprint 100 yards. Do 8 Burpees.
- Continue descending to 1.
I have a love/hate relationship with F3, burpees, etc. I hate getting out of bed and putting my body through the workouts, but I love what it does for me and who I get to do it with. Along those lines, there are lots of things we would say we love and hate. In fact, many F3 nicknames are contrived out of things that we hate (Beanie Weenie, Waterboy, Slug, etc.)
I asked the group to list a few things they love, and they said naps, family, doughnuts, vacations, ice cream, making money, and sex.
I asked the group to list a few things they hate, and they said burpees (duh), idiot drivers, waking up early, Mondays, spending money, and in-laws visiting.
In response to both of these lists, I submitted my argument that we should have no greater love than our love for God and no greater hate than our hatred for sin. This comes from John 10:10 where the Bible says, “the thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy, but I (Jesus) have come that they may have life and have it to the full.”
Because of all the things God has done for us, we should have no greater love than him. No one or thing other than God created us (Father), died to bring us close to Him (Son), or guides us through life (Holy Spirit). Therefore, our greatest love should be for Him–greater than our families or anything on this Earth.
On the other hand, there is nothing on this Earth that wants to destroy us more than sin. Its mission is our destruction, and we should hate it with a furious passion. No amount of burpees, bad drivers, selfish people, or rival college football teams should ever usurp sin on our list of most hated things.
Anger is a God-given emotion. But, he didn’t give it to us so that we could hate the Gamecocks or Tigers. He gave it to us so that we could despise the things inside of us that war against our very soul. Therefore, our strongest thoughts, words, and actions should be reserved for hating and killing our sin.
The questions were simple.
- Is there anything else that you love more than God?
- Is there anything else that you hate more than sin?
The challenge was this: What can we do this week to elevate and grow our love for God? What can we do this week to elevate and grow our hatred for sin? Whatever those things are–do them!
- Last day to pay for the F3 picnic is Saturday, April 4/15.
- Quaker’s wife continued improvement with back pain.
- 12th man going to Texas to talk with parents in hopes of restoring their relationship.
- Easter services all around the area. Pray that people would be receptive to the gospel.
- Pray for our world and leaders (with Syria situation).
- FDIC prayers for continued strength to fight sin.