- Workout Date - 09/10/2016
- Q In Charge - BOGO
- The PAX - 12th man, Al Borland, Clarinet, Fargo, BOGO (YHC)
- AO -
5 PAX hit the gloom early (0600) on a Saturday because YHC had to cook breakfast before leaving for the 1230 Clemson home game. Go Tigers!
Since Sunday is the 15-year anniversary of 9/11, I put together a beatdown to honor and remember the victims and their families.
- Windmills – 10 IC
- Imperial Hillbillies – 20 IC (Still trying to make this a thing. Strike 2 this morning.)
- Smurf Jacks – 20 IC
- Crab cakes – 20 IC
Mosey around the front of the church and then behind to the basketball court.
9s – Dips, Derkins
Mosey behind the parsonage onto Roe road and back through the entrance to the church. Stop at our favorite hill.
11s – DC lunges at the bottom. Run up. Squats at the top. Walk down. #legsmoker
Shake legs out before a mosey to the bottom level of the parking lot. The PAX was relieved to find out there was no Joe this morning. The relief was short-lived.
15s – Burpees at the bottom. Run up all 3 terraces (60 yds). LBCs at the top. Run back down. 105 total burpees. Definite smoker!
It was during this section that 4 of our sleepier brothers, whom had gathered early for the 0700 workout, began to assault us with some smack talk. They were clearly jealous of our ability to dominate burpees. Haters gonna hate. We pressed on!
Mosey to the block pile. More hate from the 0700 crew. Those guys are relentless!
Although time was drawing nigh, YHC wanted to honor everyone who lost their lives on 9/11. The number of deaths related to the attacks was 2,996 so I crunched some numbers to find a way to incorporate it into our block party.
- BBSU w/ blocks – 13
- American Hammer w/ blocks – 16
- Low-end curls – 16
- High-end curls – 16
- Full-range curls – 16
- Tricep extensions – 16
- Overhead press – 16
- Lat pulls – 16
Upon completion, we returned our blocks. 0700 on the nose. In remembrance of the 4 flights, we walked back to the flag and ended 4 minutes late.
- Whittlelope – Cancelled 🙁
- Al Borland’s dad – poor health with a bad back. Pray that he would be able to find a way to be more active.
- Clarinet’s work bidding out a project for Clemson.
- Lots of people in the community with heavy hearts (marriage issues, health issues, depression).