- Workout Date - 12/21/2016
- Q In Charge - Affordable Care Act
- The PAX - Calling all #HIM of Swamp Rabbit
- AO -
For over a year, Swamp Rabbit PAX from all AOs have been pouring into the men of Gideon’s in our unique way. The Gideon’s men that were at the initial site launch have since graduated and new men have taken their place. The importance of our continued support can not be understated. One of these graduates (@Bondo) left an impact so great, there are now pull up bars in the parking lot left in his honor. Another graduate (@Cheney) has made his way back to Homes of Hope, not needing assistance, but offering his talents as an employee.
These men have not only sweated with us, but prayed with us. They have not just followed our lead, they have Q’d workouts and lead us in prayer, offering a glimpse into their very intentional battle with their sin and teaching us what it means to confront OUR sin head on. When we plant our flag in their front yard, we are not saying we’re here to help. We are saying we want to be close to where God is working and we want to be a part of it.
Recently, due to their schedule, we had to adjust the workout time to Sundays at 6:00am. This has led to a decrease in attendance there (YHC included), which the Gideon’s men have noticed. We hope their schedule will facilitate a change back to a better time of operation, but until then, please make every effort to come support this AO. T-Claps to @Caviar for maintaining the momentum and spearheading a big event in April!
The purpose of this preblast, however, is to call a CONVERGENCE Wednesday, December 21st. The workout will commence at 5:30am with a holiday breakfast immediately following. Come for the workout. Come for the food. Come for the fellowship. Just come. This was a big success last year and I’d like to send these men off to their Christmas break with sore muscles, a renewed spirit, and a full stomach.
- What: Gideon’s House Christmas Convergence
- When: Wednesday, December 21st (5:30 workout, 6:15 breakfast)
- Where: Gideon’s House. 610 Pendleton Street
- Who: You. All of Swamp Rabbit (FNGs welcome!)
- What to bring: Use the comments section below to let me know what you can provide. Eggs, bacon, sausage, doughnuts, coffee, etc. We are keeping it simple. Cooks will be needed as well. If you would like to serve in that capacity instead of the workout, please let me know.
See you in the gloom.
Affordable Care Act